Looking at the success of Geospatial Knowledge Contest (GKC 2016), we are happy to announce the series of online quarterly blogging contests beginning with GKC 2.1 (first of the three quarterly contests – 2017).
This version GKC 2.1 focuses towards technologies domains like Location Analytics, Internet of Things(IOT), Mobile Technology, Smart Cities, Business Intelligence, Remote Sensing, Convergence of GIS with IT, Drones/UAV’s, Artificial Intelligence or their convergence to applications like Natural Resources, Road & Rail Infrastructure, Land Records, Forestry, Disaster Management, General Insurance, Crop Insurance, Urban Planning, Rural Development, Water /Sewerage Planning, Transportation, Asset management, Electric Utilities, Telecom etc or any other area of applications.
What to do?
Write a Tech Blog (maximum 600 words) on Technology Domains as mentioned above
- GKC provides platform to the participants to showcase their talent and expertise to the Global IT industry thereby creating employment opportunities and professional growth.
- The contests give a chance to students to showcase their knowledge and ideas to the community via vast digital network.
- Participants get a chance to freely showcase their technical knowledge since GeoITHub is an open tech blogging platform.
- The initiative is supported by Digital India & Global GIS Industry leaders like ESRI India & Hexagon.
- Prof. Iyyanki V. Murlikrishna, Professor of PNSIT, Bengaluru
- Dr. (Mrs.) Shefali S. Das, Former Director General of National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India
- Mr. Rajesh C. Mathur, Advisor to Esri India Technologies Ltd.
- Dr. Monoj Arora, Director, Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- Mr. Subrata Das, Industry Head, SAP
- Mr. Nikhil Kumar, Director – Technical Marketing, Trimble Navigation India Pvt.Ltd.
Start date for submitting your entry for GKC 2.1 – 1st April, 2017 Last date for submitting your entry for GKC 2.1 – 31st May, 2017 Announcement of Winners – Last week of June, 2017
How to Participate
- Register yourself at GeoITHub
- If you are already a registered user, then login to GeoITHub using your registered id
- After login fill the GKC 2.1 registration form (under the Contest tab) and upload your file.
- Click on submit entry button
- Click here to view the sample blogs in various sectors or visit our resource section.
- Top 10 Winners – Exciting Gift Hamper
- Special Prize for Schools students
- Winner of the GKC 2017 – Top 10 Winners of the quarterly contests (GKC 2.1, GKC 2.2, GKC 2.3) will qualify for winner of the GKC 2017.
Exciting gadgets and Cash Prize of INR 5,000/
For International Participants Prize Money is $100 USD
For any query write us an email at email@example.com